BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites
704 1st Avenue, Coralville, IA 52241-2104
Phone: 319/351-0400 | Fax: 319/351-1657 | 98 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Journey back to the days of yore at the BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites, a favorite for its unique decor.
Old English style meets modern day luxury in the properties 98 unique rooms and suites, all romantically decorated with Renaissance touches. The property boasts several specialty rooms, including split-level lofts, whirlpool loft suites and two-room king suites with a fireplace. The romantic honeymoon suites feature a whirlpool tub and private patio.
This Coralville hotel includes all of the amenities to ensure a comfortable stay, including cable television with HBO®, high-speed wireless Internet access, a complimentary continental breakfast buffet, a full workout facility and a conference room that can accommodate 50 people.
Rain or shine, guests can enjoy the indoor pool, the largest in the area.
If you're looking for a hotel in Coralville that makes it easy to experience all that Iowa City has to offer, you've found it in the BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites.
Visitors can shop to their hearts content at the Coral Ridge Mall, only two miles away. Cheer on the Hawkeyes at the nearby University of Iowa, also home to the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, the state's only comprehensive academic medical center. The historic Amana Colonies, featuring craft shops and a brewery, are just a short drive away.
Begin your Iowa City experience today by calling the friendly staff at the BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless Internet connection in public areas
- Complimentary continental breakfast, Choice of breads, Cereal, Fruit, Yogurt, Eggs, Belgian waffles, Biscuits and gravy, Oatmeal, Juice, Coffee
- Complimentary breakfast
- Indoor pool heated
- Exercise facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Game room
- Safe deposit box
- Guest laundry
- Business center 24 hours
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- 24-hour front desk
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Audio/visual equipment
- Meeting facilities on 2nd floor, no elevator
- Banquet facilities on 2nd floor, no elevator
- Conference facilities on 2nd floor, no elevator
- Physically challenged services, shower bench
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Interior corridor
- Express check out
- Late check out Subject to Certain Terms and Conditions.
- Arcade, video games
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Complimentary newspaper at front desk
- Hospital Shuttle service available with qualifiying rate.
BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western cantebury inn & suites in Coralville.
BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western cantebury inn & suites in Coralville, Iowa is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 41.679345 / Latitude: -91.566335
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 80. Take the Coralville Exit 242, then go south to 704 1st Avenue. The BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites is located 0.10 miles south of Interstate 80.
BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Founded in 2006, the Antique Car Museum of Iowa features a 28,000 square foot showroom with over 90 cars ranging from year 1899 to the mid 1970’s, along with an early 20th century Skelly gas station. The museum can found in Coralville in eastern Iowa.
Many of the antique cars are original, “untouched by modern day techniques” – as they say. The museum also features a banquet room, ideal for those looking to host a event or get together of sorts.
Set along Interstate 80, the Coral Ridge Mall is located in Coralville, located in eastern Iowa on the Iowa River. Serving as a regional mall to Iowa City and Cedar Rapids, the mall covers more the one million square feet.
The Coral Ridge Mall features a 10-screen theater, the Iowa Children's Museum, an NHL regulation-sized ice skating rink – the Coral Ridge Ice Arena – and of course plenty of shopping.
Built in 1912, this classic theatre was built “to revive the finest stage and movie houses throughout the Midwest.” That they did, until a 1926 fire, restoration in the 1970s and 1980s, and then a 1999 closing all took their toll on the original materials. Reopened with community support in 2004, the Englert Theatre today hosts live performances, shows movies, and events.
The historic theatre is located in the heart of Iowa City in eastern Iowa, and is a proud part the state’s entertainment history. Drive in for a visit from nearby Coralville.
Visit the birthplace of Herbert Hoover, the son of a blacksmith who became a successful mining engineer, humanitarian, and then 31st President of the United States. The Herbert Hoover National Historic Site includes his birthplace cottage, the Quaker meetinghouse where he and his family worshipped, the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library & Museum, and a monument under which Herbert Hoover and his wife are buried.
Visitors can also traverse the 81-acre tallgrass prairie adjacent to the monument used a walking trail. The historic site can be found in eastern Iowa in the suburb of West Branch. Make the short drive in from Coralville to experience the life of Herbert Hoover.
Iowa City travelers, when traversing Iowa Avenue, between Gilbert and Clinton, be sure to keep your eyes to the ground – the Iowa Avenue Literary Walk celebrates works by 49 writers with ties to Iowa City and the University. Bronze relief panels stamped into the sidewalk showcase quotes by the authors, as well as illustrations and artwork.
The stretch of road also features bookstores, restaurants, coffee shops, and unique eastern Iowa shopping opportunities. So don’t fret, you’ll find plenty to do on your Iowa Avenue Literary Walk. Enjoy the literary festivities when you drive in from nearby Coralville, another charming eastern Iowa city.
The 70,000-seat stadium is routinely referred to as one of the best football game day experiences in the nation – be sure to visit Kinnick Stadium. A 2006 renovation of the original 1929 structure refreshed the classic brickwork and updated many facilities but kept the “old school” feel.
The stadium is the proud home to the University of Iowa Hawkeyes, where they compete in the Big 10 Conference. Catch a game this fall and watch the Hawkeyes take on all comers. Your tour of eastern Iowa isn't complete without a trip to Kinnick Stadium; drive in from nearby Coralville.
After stepping off the train in Iowa City, a group of 1,300 Mormon religious affiliates set about making camp in preparation for the longer trek west – on foot. Here, they fashioned up handcarts out of native woods that would enable them to haul supplies and cover about 15 miles per day on their eventual path to Salt Lake City.
The park offers some history on their campsite and the handcarts they built, along with some excellent hiking and biking trails. Visit eastern Iowa and take in some of Iowa’s grand history at the Mormon Handcart Brigade Site while you’re at it. Travel in from nearby Coralville and enjoy your visit to eastern Iowa.
The Museum of Natural History has been “Iowa’s gateway to the global environment for over 150 years.” With 500 million years of our natural and cultural heritage on display, as well as exhibits on the adaptation and diversity of birds and mammals around the planet, there is plenty to see at this museum.
The museum was founded in 1858, remaining on the University of Iowa campus in the MacBride hall ever since. Any visit to Iowa City is incomplete without taking in some its natural history as well. Make the Museum of Natural History a part of any trek through eastern Iowa; drive in from nearby Coralville.
Old Capitol Building
Constructed in 1840, the gold-domed Old Capitol Building originally served as Iowa’s territorial capitol in Iowa City – then the state capital until it was moved to Des Moines in 1857.
It was deeded to the University of Iowa in Iowa City and named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
Today, the Old Capitol Museum offers exhibits on the history of the building, the surrounding university, and the state of Iowa.
Moreover, you’re sure to revel in its grand architecture. Tours are available daily, excluding Mondays, and admission is free. Drive in from nearby Coralville on your next exploration of eastern Iowa.
Eastern Iowa travelers headed to Riverside are in for a treat. The Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, located south of Coralville, features a Las Vegas-style casino, live entertainment, a world-class golf course, shopping, five restaurants, and a spa.
The resort's BlueTopRidge golf course, designed by Rees Jones, is one of Iowa's premier golf destinations. This 18-hole course encompasses more than 7,400 yards and features incredible views of the waterways surrounding the course. Golfers find everything they need at the course including a pro shop, practice facilities and a clubhouse.
University of Iowa
Covering 1,900 acres, UI is Iowa’s oldest public university, and features the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
Home to more that 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students, UI houses the Hawkeyes athletics department – competing in NCAA’s Division 1 and the Big Ten Conference.
The UI campus also features the University of Iowa Museum of Art, the Old Capitol Museum, the Athletic Hall of Fame & Museum, Project Art, the Medical Museum, and the Museum of Natural History.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Kinnick & Carver Stadium, Hawkeye Football, Carver Hawkeye Area
- 4.00 mile(s) from Marriott Convention Center
- 11.14 mile(s) from President Herbert Hoover Memorial
- 18.00 mile(s) from Amana Colonies
- 20.00 mile(s) from Old Wine Cellar Winery
- 20.00 mile(s) from Millstream Brewery
- 20.00 mile(s) from Sandstone Winery
- 20.00 mile(s) from Grapevine Winery and Gift Shop
- 40.00 mile(s) from Mississippi River, boating and fishing and gambling boats
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Coral Ridge Mall
- 20.00 mile(s) from Williamsburg Outlet Mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.50 mile(s) from Coralville Lake, open year round, swimming and fishing
- 2.00 mile(s) from Finkbine Golf Course, at the University of Iowa, home of the Nike Open
- 8.00 mile(s) from Fairview Golf Course
- 8.00 mile(s) from Pleasant Valley Golf Course
- 15.00 mile(s) from Lake McBride, open year round, camping, fishing and hiking trails
- 20.00 mile(s) from Amana Colonies Golf Course
- Adjacent to Delago Mexican Cafe, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.05 mile(s) from Arby's®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.05 mile(s) from Perkin's® Family Restaurant, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Open 24-hours.
- 0.05 mile(s) from Edge Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner,
- 0.05 mile(s) from Iowa River Power Restaurant, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner,
- 0.20 mile(s) from Konomi, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Vesta, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from OtisTailgators, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Sports bar and grill.
- 1.00 mile(s) from El Cactus, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Bruegger's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Opens at 6:00 a.m., fresh bagels and homemade soups
- 3.00 mile(s) from Dairy Queen®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.45 mile(s) from Olive Garden®, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.50 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, Steak House, open for: dinner,
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fitzpatricks, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN Cantebury Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Coralville. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Cedar Rapids Rampage
The Cedar Rapids Rampage of the Major League Soccer League will play 11 home games this winter at the Celluar Centre in Cedar Rapids. Come kick it with the Rampage this season – home games generally kickoff at 7:00 p.m.
2015 Quad City Festival of Trees: Holiday Parade
A festive Davenport holiday parade taking place during the month-long Quad City Arts Festival of Trees featuring marching bands, towering heliums balloons, decorative floats, and more. The parade begins at 10 a.m.
2015 Christmas on Broadway
A fun-filled holiday presentation in Dubuque at the Bell Tower Theater. Check out all the holiday classics this season. Showtimes vary by day.
2015 Holiday Spectacular
Celebrate the upcoming holiday season with Orchestra Iowa during a their festive performance at Paramount Theatre in Cedar Rapids, featuring sing a longs, timeless classics. Showtimes vary by day.
2015 Holiday Thieves' Market
An indoor market with holiday themed goods and gifts for sale, hosted at the University of Iowa in Iowa City. The market opens at 10 a.m. both days.
2015 National Acrobats & Circus of China
Don't miss the National Acrobats and Circus of the People's Republic of China during this unique event, featuring incredible, high-flying acts alongside eclectic performance art. The event is held at the Fairfield Art & Convention Center. Showtime is TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean