BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel
100 F Avenue NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405-2736
Phone: 319/366-5323 | Fax: 319/366-5323 | 83 Rooms | Online Reservations
Don't guess when searching for a Cedar Rapids hotel, because these accommodations go above and beyond anything you're expecting.
Downtown Cedar Rapids hotels don't have to be expensive when you go with a great reputation. The BEST WESTERN Cooper Mill's hotel is only four blocks from the US Cellular arena. The Paramount Theater Cedar Rapids and Rockwell Collins are also in the neighborhood. No other Cedar Rapids hotel combines such exceptional quality with a very affordable price and no hidden fees.
Clean and comfortable rooms in our Downtown Cedar Rapids hotel are just the beginning. Friendly staff and service ensure that every guest feels right at home. The full-service restaurant and lounge on the property dish up great cuisine.
This Cedar Rapids hotel is close to all of the action like the BBQ Roundup Cedar Rapids. Tap into your cultural side at the Czech National Museum and Amana Colonies. The Czech Village Cedar Rapids and New Bo (Bohemian) District Cedar Rapids are both must-sees. Nothing beats a day of top notch shopping and sightseeing.
We welcome traveling business guests in town for St. Luke's and Mercy Hospitals, the Iowa Health System, and Alliant Energy® to name a few. Why not check out the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena or Kernels baseball after punching out? The Cedar Rapids Freedom Festival can't be missed.
Whether you're in town for Verizon, Quaker Oats® PepsiCo, a University of Iowa sporting event, or just passing through, our Cedar Rapids hotel will take impeccable care of you. Let us welcome you to your home away from home. Never overpay for the best when quality, service and standards are within your reach. Keep that vacation fund for some shopping, dining and sightseeing.
Reserve your secluded room at the BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel and leave the details to us! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Indoor pool, heated
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour offers universal gym, free weights, treadmill, elliptical and cardiovascular equipment. Bicycles are available for guests to use on a first come first serve basis.
- Ice/vending machines
- Cocktail lounge, Cooper's Mill Lounge, open from 7:00 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Laundromat, nominal fee, soap available
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport shuttle available for a nominal fee each way
- Meeting facilities,
- Banquet facilities
- Interior corridor
- Late check out, charges may apply
- Safe deposit box
- Cable satellite television Cable TV including HBO
- Business center, 24-hours
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Wedding services
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Guest laundry facility, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. for a nominal fee of $2.00 USD
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Fax services
- Conference facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Bus parking
- Four-story hotel with elevators
- Complimentary coffee and fresh fruit in our lobby
- Jogging and bicycle trail along river front.
BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western cooper's mill hotel in Cedar Rapids.
BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western cooper's mill hotel in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 41.979595 / Latitude: -91.675375
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 380. (Southbound) Take Exit 20A, go straight and cross the river. Turn right on 1st Street NW to the BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel.
From: Interstate 380. (Northbound) Take Exit 19C turn right at end of exit. Make an immediate U-turn and go back one block on 1st Street NW to the BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel.
BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
History buffs should schedule a trip to Cedar Rapids during their Iowa travels, and make the Brucemore Mansion the first stop. This incredible, historic Queen Anne-style home was built between 1884 and 1886 by Caroline Sinclair on 26 acres of land.
Three families lived in the mansion until 1981, when it was given to the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The mansion, sometimes referred as the T.M. Sinclair Mansion, remains the only National Trust Historic Site in the state.
The mansion grounds include a pond, formal gardens, an orchard, a children's garden, woodland and a night garden. This three-story home features 21 rooms, five chimneys, turrets and a steep gabled roof. Enjoy a guided tour of this incredible mansion, and stop by the Brucemore Visitor Center to learn more about its history. "The Families of Brucemore" exhibit features a model of the mansion, photographs, and home movies.
Minor League Baseball fans know where to go for a fun night at the ballpark in Iowa. The Cedar Rapids Veterans Memorial Stadium in is the place to catch the Cedar Rapids Kernels Minor League Baseball Team in action. Throughout the season, cheer on the team and enjoy a variety of concerts and entertainment acts during the games.
Ready for a little Fourth of July excitement? Grab your tickets, cheer on the team, then stick around for the post-game fireworks show. Groups looking for a unique venue for a get-together can watch the game from the Miller Mezzanine or the Arctic Insulation Party Plaza for a great time.
Visit the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art in downtown Cedar Rapids for a stroll through their expansive collection of art. This Cedar Rapids museum has over 7,200 works of art, along with changing exhibitions throughout the year.
The museum houses the largest collection Iowa artist Grant Wood, a large collection of 15th-century prints, and Roman portrait busts. Tour the museum to view the Contemporary Art section, Works on Paper, and art by James Swann, Bertha Jaques, and Mauricio Lasansky.
Hockey action at its best. The Cedar Rapids RoughRiders US Hockey League Team is serious about their sport. When it comes to hockey, this Tier 1 junior league team has been in in Cedar Rapids since 1999. They won the Anderson Cup and the Clark Cup titles in 2004/2005 and won the Anderson Cup title again in 2010/2011.
For a fun night out in Iowa, take the family to "The Stable" hockey arena in the Veterans Memorial Park to catch the action. Celebrate a special occasion by renting out the Bud Light Fan Cave, to watch the game behind the glass. The Luxury VIP Suites, Super Suites and VIP Club Seats are also great areas for private parties to get together and watch a game.
Ready for a night of football fun? The Cedar Rapids Titans Indoor Football League team is the answer in Iowa. This professional Cedar Rapids team will play next season's games in the recently renovated US Cellular Center. Get to the game early with your pen and paper to meet the players and score some autographs.
Groups of ten to a thousand people that are ready for a fun night out, can take advantage of the Group Ticket Packages for a game. The package includes discounted tickets, an announcement during the game and a special visit from the team's players. For a special night out, consider watching the game from the Luxury Boxes.
The Grant Wood Art Gallery pays tribute to the life and art work of American painter, Grant Wood. His most-famous painting titled, American Gothic, depicts a rural farmer with his pitchfork and woman standing in front of a Gothic Revial style cottage. American Gothic has been displayed at the Art Institute of Chicago since 1930.
The gallery is located in Anamosa, Grant Wood's birthplace, in eastern Iowa. Visit Anamosa, located northeast of Cedar Rapids, to stroll through the Gallery and learn about Wood's life. Be sure to view the large collection of American Gothic parodies on display and other examples of his work.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
Found just southeast of Cedar Rapids in the town of West Branch, the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site preservers and tells the story of President Herbert Hoover’s incredibly humble beginnings.
Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1965, the park now features plenty of enticing things to do. Guests can stop by the visitor center, take a self-guided tour of the cottage, visit accompanying West Branch buildings, and spend some time at the library and museum.
Covering 2,180 acres, Lake Macbride State Park is located south of Cedar Rapids in eastern Iowa. Named after former University of Iowa president Thomas Macbride, this Iowa State Park was established in 1937.
The 812-acre Lake Macbride is home to walleyes, crappies, bluegill, catfish and muskies – perfect for fishing. Slip your toes into the sand at the swimming beach and enjoy watching the kids splash in the lake. Boaters have a choice of seven boat ramps for use in a fun day on the water.
Visitors to Cedar Rapids will find a wonderful variety of cultural attractions in Iowa. The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library is one not-to-miss. The roots of this Cedar Rapids museum date back to 1974, with the founding of the Czech Fine Arts Foundation by a group of Czech immigrants. They continued to collect artifacts and eventually outgrew the three-room house. In 1981, the current museum location became the new museum home.
By 1992, the museum collections outgrew its location, so plans were drawn up to construct a new building. Former United States President Bill Clinton, along with President Vaclav Havel, Czech Republic and President Michal Kovac, Slovak Republic, dedicated the new building in 1995.
The National Motorcycle Museum houses a wonderful collection of more than 300 motorcycles in its Anamosa location. Visit this eastern Iowa museum near Cedar Rapids to view the 10 display areas filled with a variety of motorcycles, including competition motorcycles, photographs, trophies and memorabilia.
Take your time viewing the collections throughout the museum, including the 400 rare toys, rare art and the Captain America chopper. Stroll through the museum to learn about the American motorcycle culture and don't forget to view the Daimler Einspur, the World's First Motorcycle. Be sure to browse the wonderful selection of gift items in the Museum Gift Store before leaving.
Established in the 1960s for recreational use, the Pleasant Creek State Park is located northwest of Cedar Rapids. This 1,500-acre Iowa State Park is home to the beautiful 410-acre Pleasant Creek Lake. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy a variety of outdoor activities.
Boaters love launching into Pleasant Creek Lake for a fun time on the water. The lake is considered one of Iowa's highest quality fishing lakes and home to largemouth bass, catfish, crappie, muskellunge, and bluegill. Hikers, bikers, cross-country skiers, and snowmobilers enjoy trekking through the park's 10 miles of trails.
Established in 1947, the Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) is located in northeastern Iowa in the Cedar Rapids metropolitan area. Serving the city of Cedar Rapids as well as cities like Coralville and Williamsburg, CID is a commercial airport supported by major airlines like Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, and United.
CID offers non-stop flights to 11 destinations – including Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta – and features two runways and one terminal.
The Ushers Ferry Historic Village is home to 20 historic buildings on 10 acres of land in Seminole Valley Park. This beautiful village, located in Cedar Rapids, depicts life in rural Iowa between 1890 and 1910. The village's interactive experiences offer great learning opportunities for school groups, on one of the six available tours.
Schedule your visit during one of the special events held throughout the year or enjoy strolling the grounds, while listening to an audio tour. The Ushers Ferry Historic Village grounds are an excellent location for weddings, picnics, parties, and bonfires.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.30 mile(s) from U.S. Cellular Center
- 0.40 mile(s) from Paramount Theater
- 0.80 mile(s) from National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
- 0.30 mile(s) from Cedar Rapids Art Museum
- 2.00 mile(s) from Brucemore Mansion
- 1.00 mile(s) from Veterans Memorial Stadium, class A professional baseball
- 0.30 mile(s) from Theatre Cedar Rapids
- 0.50 mile(s) from The History Center
- 0.80 mile(s) from The African American History
- 0.30 mile(s) from Iowa Masonic Library & Museum
- 0.30 mile(s) from Cedar Rapids Public Library
- 0.50 mile(s) from Cedar Valley Nature Trail, 52 mile trail to bike or hike
- 0.50 mile(s) from Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre
- 3.00 mile(s) from several movie theatres, schedules at the hotel desk
- 4.00 mile(s) from Duffy's Collectible Cars
- 5.00 mile(s) from Usher's Ferry Historical
- 6.00 mile(s) from Science Station
- 30.00 mile(s) from Amana Colonies Historic V
- 35.00 mile(s) from Riverside Hotel & Casino
- 46.00 mile(s) from Meskwaki Bingo Casino, Vegas style gaming and entertainment
- 6.5 mile(s) from Lindale Mall
- 3.5 mile(s) from Westdale Mall
- 10 mile(s) from Marion Antique shops, 13 shops with over 70 dealers
- 29 mile(s) from Coral Ridge Mall
- 39 mile(s) from Tanger Outlet Center
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 10 mile(s) from Marion
- 8 mile(s) from Hiawatha
- 25 mile(s) from Amana Colonies
- 33 mile(s) from Iowa City
- 29 mile(s) from Coralville
- 50 mile(s) from Tama
- 50 mile(s) from Waterloo
- 55 mile(s) from Cedar Falls
- 75 mile(s) from Davenport
- 70 mile(s) from Dubuque
- 92 mile(s) from Ames
- 115 mile(s) from Des Moines
- 276 mile(s) from Minneapolis/St.Paul, Minnesota
- 250 mile(s) from Chicago, Illinois
- 260 mile(s) from Omaha, Nebraska
- 284 mile(s) from St. Louis, Missouri
- 0.10 mile(s) from Quaker® Oats
- 0.50 mile(s) from Rockwell Collins
- 0.30 mile(s) from Alliant Energy
- 0.50 mile(s) from Unity Point Health
- 0.30 mile(s) from United Fire and Casualty
- 0.50 mile(s) from St. Lukes Hospital, local hospital
- 0.50 mile(s) from Mercy Hospital, local hospital
- 0.20 mile(s) from Linn County Courthouse
- 0.60 mile(s) from U.S. Federal Court House
- 0.90 mile(s) from Penford Products
- 0.80 mile(s) from SourceMedia Group
- 2.00 mile(s) from Evergreen Packaging
- 4.50 mile(s) from Transamerica Insurance
- 4.50 mile(s) from Toyota Financial Services
- 3.00 mile(s) from Schneider Electric
- 3.00 mile(s) from Cargill
- 3.50 mile(s) from ADM
- 4.50 mile(s) from Generals Mill
- 4.00 mile(s) from Sadler Machine Company
- 5.00 mile(s) from PMX Industries
- 5.50 mile(s) from Yellow Book
- 6.00 mile(s) from Diamond V Mills
- 6.00 mile(s) from H.J. Heinz Company
- 6.50 mile(s) from Iowa Glass
- 7.00 mile(s) from Reinhart Food Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Coe College
- 1.00 mile(s) from Mt. Mercy College
- 5.00 mile(s) from Kirkwood Community College
- 29.00 mile(s) from University of Iowa
- 92.00 mile(s) from Iowa State University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.01 mile(s) from Bike trail
- 0.50 mile(s) from Ellis Park, Large city park with outdoor pool
- 0.60 mile(s) from Ellis Golf Course, City public golf course
- 1.10 mile(s) from Polar Ice Arena, ice skating & USHL professional hockey team
- 6.00 mile(s) from Planet X Extreme Entertainment, indoor laser tag, bumper cars, batting cages, rock climbing and more
- Cooper's Mill Restaurant, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, full service restaurant open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily
- Cooper's Mill Lounge, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, full service lounge open from 7:00 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. daily
- 0.10 mile(s) from Cedar River Landing, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Jerseys Downtown, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from La Cantina Bar & Grill, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from Zins, full service, International, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from White Star Ale House, full service, American, open for: dinner
BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Cedar Rapids. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Vintage Rally 2015
Race for the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa for the 2015 Vintage Rally. Check out bike shows, swap meet, celebrities, and a live pin striping experience from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Iowa City Jazz Festival
Downtown Iowa City near Coralville throws a weekend full of some of the best jazz music around.
The First Lady of Country Music Loretta Lynn plays the Paramount Theatre this fall in Cedar Rapids. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean