BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge
2023 7th Avenue N, Clear Lake, IA 50428-2103
Phone: 641/357-5253 | Fax: 641/357-8153 | 136 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Experience the great outdoors, history, shopping and more while staying at this Clear Lake, Iowa hotel near Clear Lake, the Surf Ballroom and Main Street.
Conveniently located at the intersection of I-35 and Highway 18 (Exit 194), guests at the BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge have easy access to the area’s most popular attractions. Outdoor lovers are just one mile from sparkling Clear Lake, offering fishing, boating, jet skiing and tours aboard the two-tiered Lady of the Lake cruise ship. The surrounding area also offers ample opportunities for hiking, biking and golf. This Clear Lake hotel is within walking distance of downtown Main Street’s dining, shopping, antiquing and more. Take in a concert at the legendary Surf Ballroom, the site of Buddy Holly’s final performance – also just a few miles from the site of the musician’s fatal plane crash.
Midway between Des Moines, IA and Minneapolis, MN, the BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge is an ideal choice for business travelers who appreciate the hotel’s close proximity to businesses such as Stellar®, Titan Pro, CL Telephone, wind farms and the Winnebago factory in Forest City, IA. This Clear Lake hotel is also a popular event space in Clear Lake, offering nearly 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet rooms perfect for weddings and conventions. Located just a mile from the Mason City Municipal Airport, the hotel offers a complimentary courtesy shuttle.
Among a few full-service hotels in Clear Lake, the BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge strives to make our guests feel at home with participating in green projects such as the Global Soap Project. Our guests are invited to enjoy our exercise room, heated indoor pool and hot tub, and onsite restaurant, Bennigan’s® Grill and Tavern.
Contact our friendly staff today to book your next stay at the BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Restaurant on-site, room service available, 1100 to 2200
- Complimentary continental breakfast, Choice of breads, Cereal, Fruit, Hard boiled eggs, Biscuits and gravy,French toast, Yogurt, Juice, Coffee
- Complimentary breakfast
- Bar, room service available, 1100 to 2200
- Indoor pool, heated
- Exercise facility 24-hour
- Safe deposit box
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check out
- Porterage/bell services
- Airport courtesy shuttle available 24-hours
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Stationary bike
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Guest laundry for wash/dryer 1.00 each load
- Dry cleaning, same day service, Monday thru Friday
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access; free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Wedding services for receptions
- Equipment rental
- Parking for the physically challenged no charge
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines, 2nd/4th and 6th floor
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Modern and friendly hotel
- Complimentary newspaper Monday through Friday
- Complimentary fresh cookies Monday through Thursday from 3pm to 10pm and hot apple cider during the fall and winter and lemonade during the summer
- Power converters for International guests
BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western holiday lodge in Clear Lake.
BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge
Conveniently located, the best western holiday lodge in Clear Lake, Iowa is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.144685 / Latitude: -93.362395
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North. The BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge is located one block west of Interstate 35 on Highway 18 at Exit 194.
From: South. The BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge is located one block west of Interstate 35 on Highway 18 at Exit 194.
From: East. The BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge is located one block west of Interstate 35 on Highway 18 at Exit 194.
From: West. The BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge is located one block west of Interstate 35 on Highway 18 at Exit 194.
BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Visit Mason City and be sure to check out the last remaining Minneapolis and St. Louis Railway steam powered locomotive. The “Cannonball,” attracts visitors with its restored, original appearance and historical significance. Drive in from nearby Clear Lake.
Mark your calendars: visiting hours are May through October, Saturdays and Sundays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Be sure to take in some of the regional history during your visit to central Iowa.
Located in the City of Clear Lake, Clear Lake is the center of recreation, tourism and business for the city. Many businesses, parks and restaurants are located on the banks of this large lake in addition to the Clear Lake National Wildlife Refuge. The Clear Lake National Wildlife Refuge is 20,000 acres of Clear Lake that have been set aside to preserve the water and wetlands that are home to species of concern, this water is not open for public use. There are many areas of the lake that are open to public recreational use as well.
Clear Lake features a number of city and state parks for recreation such as Pine Tree Park and Clear State Park, in addition to outdoor recreation on the beautiful lake that bears its name. Boating, fishing, kayaking and many other water sports are popular on this wide expanse of water. The city has public docks available for boats and fishing and local businesses offer rentals of equipment for visitors to rent. Many restaurants and shops sit along the lakeshore as well, truly offering something for everyone. A trip to Iowa would not be complete without a visit to Clear Lake.
Free to the public, the Clear Lake Fire Museum is located in northern Iowa along Interstate 35 in the city of Clear Lake. Great for a family vacation, the fire museum features the 1924 Ahrens-Fox pumper truck, antique firefighting tools, and even firefighting toys.
The Clear Lake Fire Museum is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day on Saturdays and Sundays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Check out the Clear Lake volunteer fire fighter memorial on the southern end of the museum.
Travel back in time to Iowa’s frontier days at the Kinney Pioneer Museum. The museum, located in Mason City, provides a vintage display of exhibits designed to help visitors truly experience life in the 19th century. Kinney Pioneer Museum is a short drive from nearby Clear Lake.
Explore the pioneer village, schoolhouse, log cabin, vintage jail, and working blacksmith shop. Live, interactive events are held often as well, so don’t miss out on any of the action. The Kinney Pioneer Museum is a great way to spend the day with the kids in central Iowa.
Located in Mason City, the MacNider Art Museum proudly displays a permanent and temporary exhibits since its inception in 1965. Permanent art includes the likes of original paintings, photographs, ceramics, and other fine works. Drive in from nearby Clear Lake and enjoy the MacNider Art Museum.
Visiting and rotating exhibits include equally as grand displays and even films. Admission is free for self-guided tours with guidebooks available for Mason City’s Prairie School Architectural Tour, also given at the museum – it's a premier way to experience central Iowa art.
Now a restored historical site, the Meredith Willson Boyhood Home was the birthplace of famous Mason City native and songwriter, Meredith Willson. Guests can take tours of the home and view some its original décor while taking in some of the regions prestigious history.
Visiting hours at the Meredith Willson Boyhood Home are Tuesday through Sunday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m. and closed on holidays. Make sure you visit and explore the Meredith Home on your next visit to central Iowa – it's a short drive from nearby Clear Lake.
As one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mason City, the Music Man Square consists of actual set designs from the 1912 motion picture, “The Music Man." Guests can walk the streets and visit the gift shop, ice cream parlor, and soda fountain. Explore central Iowa and drive in from Clear Lake.
The streetscape also houses an interactive museum dedicated to the film’s writer and Mason City native, Meredith Willson. Explore the music-related exhibits and original memorabilia at the Music Man Square.
Visit Mason City and take a tour of the largest group of Prairie School designed homes in the U.S., one of which was designed by legendary architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The tour traverses 14 blocks of Mason City, giving guests a glimpse of 19th and early 20th century architecture featured in the area.
The tour is self-guided, with the guidebook available at neighboring attractions like the Music Man Square, Charles H. MacNider Museum, Mason City Information Center, and the Frank Lloyd Wright Stockman House. Drive in from nearby Clear Lake as you explore north-central Iowa.
Located in Mason City’s historic district, the Frank Lloyd Wright Stockman House joins its neighbors as an interactive display of the city’s integral history. Mason City features a number of Prairie School architectural homes, but this is the only home designed by legendary architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
The restored home, first constructed in 1908, features original arts and crafts and décor representative of its period in time. History buffs, be sure to embark on a Stockman House tour given throughout the year. You'll want to make plans to explore the Stockman House on your next trek through north-central Iowa – the drive in from nearby Clear Lake is scenic.
Originally built to resemble an ocean beach club, Surf Ballroom and Museum still carries on the beach vibe to this day. The Ballroom’s location in Clear Lake, Iowa, affords easy access to the water that solidifies its image as a rock and roll beach club. Surf Ballroom was designated as a historic rock and roll landmark in 2009 by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame of Cleveland and was also added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2011.
Surf Ballroom opened its doors in 1934 and stood in its original location until it was rebuilt in 1948 in the parking lot of the original location after a fire destroyed it in 1947. The Surf Ballroom has evolved with rock and roll over the decades and has hosted acts such as Roy Orbison, Conway Twitty, Duke Ellington, The Dorsey’s, REO Speedwagon, ZZ Top and The Doobie Brothers, just to name a few. To this day, the venue hosts large-scale events to honor these rock and roll marvels of its past. Surf also features a museum open Monday through Friday with group tours available by appointment.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Clear Lake Fire Museum, open May to September.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Legendary Surf Ballroom, last place Buddy Holly played. Featuring concerts.
- 4.00 mile(s) from North Iowa Events Center, ice arena and horse shows.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Clear Lake State Park, beach and picnic area.
- 5.00 mile(s) from McIntosh Woods State Park, beaches, camping, public boat ramps.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Buddy Holly Memorial, crash site of Buddy Holly, Richie Valance, Big Bopper and their piliot.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Meredith Willson/Music Man Footbridge
- 10.00 mile(s) from Mason City, Meredith Willson's Birthplace.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Walking Tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright Historic District
- 11.00 mile(s) from Lime Creek Nature Center
- 18.00 mile(s) from Famed covered bridge, in Wilkinson Pioneer Park, Rock Falls
- 35.00 mile(s) from Pilot Knob State Park
- 0.50 mile(s) from Antique shops, Trolley Park
- 1.00 mile(s) from Antique Shops, downtown Clear Lake
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 5.00 mile(s) from Mason City
- 120 mile(s) from Des Moines
- 130 mile(s) from Minneapolis, MN
- 1.00 mile(s) from Serta Manufacturing
- 1.00 mile(s) from Larson Manufacturing
- 6.00 mile(s) from Alliant
- 8.00 mile(s) from Woodharbor
- 10.00 mile(s) from Kraft
- 30.00 mile(s) from Winnebago Industries
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Tennis courts
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lake, fishing/tubing/swimming
- 5 mile(s) from Golf
- There is a dining option for every taste and budget near this Clear Lake hotel.
- Bennigans®, on premises, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, for great food and Irish hospitality, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Dairy Queen®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.10 mile(s) from Dennys®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, open 24-hours
- 0.10 mile(s) from Taco John's®, fast food, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.12 mile(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Monday to Thursday: 7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m., Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m., Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m., Sunday: 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m., hours vary, check store location
- 0.12 mile(s) from Perkins®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Sunday to Thursday: 6:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday: 24-hours
- 0.12 mile(s) from Pizza Hut®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Sunday to Thursday: 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday: 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Cancun Mexican Restaurant, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, Monday to Sunday: 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Half Moon, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Other Place, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from GE-JO's Italian Restaurant, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Boathouse Grill, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN Holiday Lodge
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Clear Lake. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
The Harvest Festival brings the town of Clear Lake together for a day of farmers markets, scarecrow contests, autumn displays, flower bulb sales, and more.
Council Bluffs hosts this Memorial Day week-long celebrations at Tom Hanafan River's Edge Park. Don't miss fireworks, outdoor movie screenings, obstacle courses, live bands, and more.
Winefest Des Moines
Des Moines throws this week-long celebration of wine tastings, food tastings, and culinary celebrations, scattered in special events throughout downtown.
Frontier Days celebrates the history of Fort Dodge and the region with frontier-themed entertainment, parades, historic museums, kids' activities, and more.
Des Moines Arts Festival
Held at Western Gateway Park in Des Moines, this summer juried art festival features some of the best visual artists in the country alongside interactive arts exhibitions, live music, and film showings.
Linn Creek Arts Festival
Marshalltown's Linn Creek Arts Festival features a juried arts show on the grounds of the Fisher Community Center. Don't miss paintings, photography, ceramics, wood, textiles, and more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean