BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
90 Twixt Town Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402-3205
Phone: 319/377-6386 | Fax: 319/377-6386 | 106 Rooms | Online Reservations
Enjoy the benefits of an ideal location just a short drive from the Cedar Rapids Airport at this fantastic Cedar Rapids hotel. All of the biggest draws of the city are right past your doorstep.
Nestled next to several shopping malls, movie theaters and restaurants, it will be difficult to choose where to begin your adventure. The Freedom Festival is held downtown each summer from mid-June to July 4th. Museums like the Czech and Slovak Museum and Library and African American Museum of Iowa are popular picks. The Brucemore Mansion, a National Historic Trust, offers tours and events throughout the year.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel and Convention Center combines great price with superior location. There are many Cedar Rapids hotels, but none provide guests with these kinds of perks. Customer service and cleanliness are paramount. Take advantage of the 8,000 square feet fitness club and restaurant/lounge. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet served daily.
Cedar Rapids semi-pro teams provide great entertainment. Check out a Kernals baseball game, Rough Riders hockey, or Titans football game. Hotels in Cedar Rapids might try to compete with us, but we set the bar high.
Many guests are employees of Rockwell Collins, Alliant Energy, Aegon/TransAmerica and US Cellular. Do your business thing and then get back to the fun. There's free Wi-Fi and hard wired Internet in all rooms for those vital emails. The atrium and game room provide extra seating and gathering space. Thirteen banquet rooms are at your disposal with the largest one holding 400 people.
The indoor pool, dry sauna, and Whirlpool are ideal for relaxing. Kick back in your room with HDTV and digital cable. Don't worry about running late to your next meeting. You're close to Mount Mercy University and Coe College, and just a short drive to the Amana Colonies, University of Iowa and several casinos.
Reserve your room at BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel and Convention Center today! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary buffet breakfast, Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon or ham, pancakes, French toast sticks or hash browns. These items rotate daily. Assorted bread and Danish, four cold cereals, oatmeal, fresh cut fruit, yogurt, coffee, hot tea, milk and juice.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Restaurant on-site
- Cocktail lounge, Longbranch Restaurant and Kitty's Lounge open daily from 11 am to 12 am. Full American menu. Gold Zone Breakfast Café and Lounge. Breakfast served 6:15 am to 10 am M-F and 7 am to 10:30 am S-S. Gold zone lounge open 5 pm to 9 pm Monday thru Saturday
- Indoor pool Heated Heated indoor pool.
- Hot tub, whirlpool
- Steam room, dry sauna
- Exercise facility, open from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. 8,000 square feet
- Free parking, self parking
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Truck/RV parking, self parking
- Safe deposit box
- Porterage/bell services, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Ice/vending machines soda, water and snacks available 24 hours
- Airport shuttle available for nominal fee each way, 12:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Conference services
- Audio/visual equipment
- Business center 24-hours
- Computer available
- Notary public
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out, up to 5:00 p.m. for a nominal fee.
- Tanning beds, three beds, two lay down and one stand up available in The Gold Pointe Fitness Club for a nominal fee.
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Weight lifting equipment The Gold Point Fitness Club offers a free weight room and hammer strength.
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Universal gym, elliptical room, free weight room, aerobics room and hammer strength area. Free access for hotel guests.
- Photocopy machine
- Exhibit services
- Aerobics instructor
- Equipment rental, nominal fee
- Coffee shop, open 6:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Stair stepper, exercise machines are available in The Gold Point Fitness Club.
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Sports trainer
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stationary bike, recumbent and spinning bikes available.
- Solarium Garden atrium with extra seating.
- Treadmill, several state of the art treadmills located in the Gold Pointe Fitness Club.
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access
- Locker room, mens and womens locker rooms located in The Gold Pointe Fitness Club. Lockers ( locks not provided )and showers.
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat, coin operated washer and dryer, laundry soap available available 1.75 nominal fee, open from 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Game room, Pool table, foos ball table, darts and video game located in the garden atrium.
- Cable or satellite television HD digital Cable with HBO
- Mail services, stamps and outgoing mail available at front desk.
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged services, shower bench and stool riser available upon request
- Hearing impaired services, TDD available upon request
- Physically challenged facilities, wheelchair available upon request
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Gift shop or newsstand, complimentary USA Today Monday - Friday. Complimentary local paper Saturday and Sunday.
- Large garden atrium with extra seating.
- Pool table, foosball table, darts and video game located in the garden atrium.
- Picnic area with charcoal grill and picnic tables.
- Free parking, including bus
- Nightly restaurant and lounge specials.
- Complimentary apples and coffee in our lobby
BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus longbranch hotel & convention center in Cedar Rapids.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Conveniently located, the best western plus longbranch hotel & convention center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.028565 / Latitude: -91.619935
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north or south. Travel on Interstate 380 to Exit 24A (Collins Road-Highway 100). Go east 2½ miles and turn left on Twixt Town Road (the first left after K-Mart light), then make a quick right and travel two blocks to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center.
From: The east or west. Follow highway to Interstate 380 to Exit 24A (Collins Road-Highway 100). Go east 2½ miles and turn left on Twixt Town Road (the first left after K-Mart light), then make a quick right and travel two blocks to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
History buffs should schedule a trip to Cedar Rapids during their Iowa travels, and make the Brucemore Mansion the first stop. This incredible, historic Queen Anne-style home was built between 1884 and 1886 by Caroline Sinclair on 26 acres of land.
Three families lived in the mansion until 1981, when it was given to the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The mansion, sometimes referred as the T.M. Sinclair Mansion, remains the only National Trust Historic Site in the state.
The mansion grounds include a pond, formal gardens, an orchard, a children's garden, woodland and a night garden. This three-story home features 21 rooms, five chimneys, turrets and a steep gabled roof. Enjoy a guided tour of this incredible mansion, and stop by the Brucemore Visitor Center to learn more about its history. "The Families of Brucemore" exhibit features a model of the mansion, photographs, and home movies.
Minor League Baseball fans know where to go for a fun night at the ballpark in Iowa. The Cedar Rapids Veterans Memorial Stadium in is the place to catch the Cedar Rapids Kernels Minor League Baseball Team in action. Throughout the season, cheer on the team and enjoy a variety of concerts and entertainment acts during the games.
Ready for a little Fourth of July excitement? Grab your tickets, cheer on the team, then stick around for the post-game fireworks show. Groups looking for a unique venue for a get-together can watch the game from the Miller Mezzanine or the Arctic Insulation Party Plaza for a great time.
Visit the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art in downtown Cedar Rapids for a stroll through their expansive collection of art. This Cedar Rapids museum has over 7,200 works of art, along with changing exhibitions throughout the year.
The museum houses the largest collection Iowa artist Grant Wood, a large collection of 15th-century prints, and Roman portrait busts. Tour the museum to view the Contemporary Art section, Works on Paper, and art by James Swann, Bertha Jaques, and Mauricio Lasansky.
Hockey action at its best. The Cedar Rapids RoughRiders US Hockey League Team is serious about their sport. When it comes to hockey, this Tier 1 junior league team has been in in Cedar Rapids since 1999. They won the Anderson Cup and the Clark Cup titles in 2004/2005 and won the Anderson Cup title again in 2010/2011.
For a fun night out in Iowa, take the family to "The Stable" hockey arena in the Veterans Memorial Park to catch the action. Celebrate a special occasion by renting out the Bud Light Fan Cave, to watch the game behind the glass. The Luxury VIP Suites, Super Suites and VIP Club Seats are also great areas for private parties to get together and watch a game.
Ready for a night of football fun? The Cedar Rapids Titans Indoor Football League team is the answer in Iowa. This professional Cedar Rapids team will play next season's games in the recently renovated US Cellular Center. Get to the game early with your pen and paper to meet the players and score some autographs.
Groups of ten to a thousand people that are ready for a fun night out, can take advantage of the Group Ticket Packages for a game. The package includes discounted tickets, an announcement during the game and a special visit from the team's players. For a special night out, consider watching the game from the Luxury Boxes.
The Grant Wood Art Gallery pays tribute to the life and art work of American painter, Grant Wood. His most-famous painting titled, American Gothic, depicts a rural farmer with his pitchfork and woman standing in front of a Gothic Revial style cottage. American Gothic has been displayed at the Art Institute of Chicago since 1930.
The gallery is located in Anamosa, Grant Wood's birthplace, in eastern Iowa. Visit Anamosa, located northeast of Cedar Rapids, to stroll through the Gallery and learn about Wood's life. Be sure to view the large collection of American Gothic parodies on display and other examples of his work.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
Found just southeast of Cedar Rapids in the town of West Branch, the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site preservers and tells the story of President Herbert Hoover’s incredibly humble beginnings.
Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1965, the park now features plenty of enticing things to do. Guests can stop by the visitor center, take a self-guided tour of the cottage, visit accompanying West Branch buildings, and spend some time at the library and museum.
Covering 2,180 acres, Lake Macbride State Park is located south of Cedar Rapids in eastern Iowa. Named after former University of Iowa president Thomas Macbride, this Iowa State Park was established in 1937.
The 812-acre Lake Macbride is home to walleyes, crappies, bluegill, catfish and muskies – perfect for fishing. Slip your toes into the sand at the swimming beach and enjoy watching the kids splash in the lake. Boaters have a choice of seven boat ramps for use in a fun day on the water.
Visitors to Cedar Rapids will find a wonderful variety of cultural attractions in Iowa. The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library is one not-to-miss. The roots of this Cedar Rapids museum date back to 1974, with the founding of the Czech Fine Arts Foundation by a group of Czech immigrants. They continued to collect artifacts and eventually outgrew the three-room house. In 1981, the current museum location became the new museum home.
By 1992, the museum collections outgrew its location, so plans were drawn up to construct a new building. Former United States President Bill Clinton, along with President Vaclav Havel, Czech Republic and President Michal Kovac, Slovak Republic, dedicated the new building in 1995.
The National Motorcycle Museum houses a wonderful collection of more than 300 motorcycles in its Anamosa location. Visit this eastern Iowa museum near Cedar Rapids to view the 10 display areas filled with a variety of motorcycles, including competition motorcycles, photographs, trophies and memorabilia.
Take your time viewing the collections throughout the museum, including the 400 rare toys, rare art and the Captain America chopper. Stroll through the museum to learn about the American motorcycle culture and don't forget to view the Daimler Einspur, the World's First Motorcycle. Be sure to browse the wonderful selection of gift items in the Museum Gift Store before leaving.
Established in the 1960s for recreational use, the Pleasant Creek State Park is located northwest of Cedar Rapids. This 1,500-acre Iowa State Park is home to the beautiful 410-acre Pleasant Creek Lake. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy a variety of outdoor activities.
Boaters love launching into Pleasant Creek Lake for a fun time on the water. The lake is considered one of Iowa's highest quality fishing lakes and home to largemouth bass, catfish, crappie, muskellunge, and bluegill. Hikers, bikers, cross-country skiers, and snowmobilers enjoy trekking through the park's 10 miles of trails.
Established in 1947, the Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) is located in northeastern Iowa in the Cedar Rapids metropolitan area. Serving the city of Cedar Rapids as well as cities like Coralville and Williamsburg, CID is a commercial airport supported by major airlines like Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, and United.
CID offers non-stop flights to 11 destinations – including Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta – and features two runways and one terminal.
The Ushers Ferry Historic Village is home to 20 historic buildings on 10 acres of land in Seminole Valley Park. This beautiful village, located in Cedar Rapids, depicts life in rural Iowa between 1890 and 1910. The village's interactive experiences offer great learning opportunities for school groups, on one of the six available tours.
Schedule your visit during one of the special events held throughout the year or enjoy strolling the grounds, while listening to an audio tour. The Ushers Ferry Historic Village grounds are an excellent location for weddings, picnics, parties, and bonfires.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Science Station, interactive learning displays for kids.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Brucemore Mansion, a national historic site
- 1.00 mile(s) from Marion Antiques, Antique and specialty shops
- 2.00 mile(s) from Granger House, historic house
- 3.00 mile(s) from Ushers Ferry Historic Vil, historic village in Seminole Valley Park
- 3.00 mile(s) from History Center
- 4.00 mile(s) from Cedar Rapids Museum of Art
- 5.00 mile(s) from African American Museum, African American historical museum & cultural center
- 5.50 mile(s) from Sac and Fox Trail, Wooded Nature and Prairie Trail for Walking and biking trail seven miles long
- 6.50 mile(s) from Indian Creek Nature Cente, Explore wonders of Iowa nature, children and adult activities
- 8.00 mile(s) from Czech & Slovak Museum, National Czech and Slovak Museum and library
- 10.00 mile(s) from NewBo, Restaurants and specialty shops
- 10.00 mile(s) from Czech Village, Restaurant and shopping area
- 12.00 mile(s) from Hawkeye Downs, Auto racing and event center
- 20.00 mile(s) from Motorcycle Museum, national motorcycle museum-three floors of antique motorcycles and memorabilia
- 35.00 mile(s) from The Amana Colonies, shopping and restaurants.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Lindale Mall Shopping Center, Anchor stores Younkers, Von Maur® and Sears.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Marion Antique Mall, Multiple antique stores.
- 0.25 mile(s) from Collins Crossing, Hobby Lobby®, Home Goods Fresh Market, Shoe Carnival® and more.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Collins Road Square, Michaels Crafts®, Collins Road Theatre, Austad's Golf, Pier One Imports®, Half Price Books® and more.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Northland Square, TJ Maxx®, Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, Kohl's® and more.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Marion
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hiawatha
- 11.00 mile(s) from Palo
- 18.00 mile(s) from Mt. Vernon
- 25.00 mile(s) from Iowa City
- 23.0 mile(s) from Anamosa
- 32.00 mile(s) from Vinton
- 33.00 mile(s) from Monticello
- 24.0 mile(s) from Coralville
- 35.00 mile(s) from Amana Colonies
- 56.00 mile(s) from Waterloo
- 68.00 mile(s) from Dubuque
- 79.00 mile(s) from Marshalltown
- 88.00 mile(s) from Davenport
- 132 mile(s) from Des Moines
- 148 mile(s) from Ames
- 253 mile(s) from Minneapolis, Mn
- 255 mile(s) from Chicago, Il
- 267 mile(s) from Omaha, Ne
- 326 mile(s) from Kansas, Mo
- 352 mile(s) from St. Louis, Mo
- 6.0 mile(s) from US Cellular
- 0.25 mile(s) from Home Depot
- 0.25 mile(s) from Berthel Fisher & Co.
- 0.75 mile(s) from Rockwell Collins
- 0.75 mile(s) from Menards
- .75 mile(s) from Hy-Vee Food Stores
- 2.5 mile(s) from Lowes
- 2.00 mile(s) from Target
- 2.00 mile(s) from Pool Tech, Pools and products
- .25 mile(s) from US Cellular
- .10 mile(s) from Lindale Mall
- 3.00 mile(s) from TransAmerica
- 3.00 mile(s) from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Vector Corp.
- 4.00 mile(s) from IBEW, Local 204
- 4.00 mile(s) from Alliant Energy, Interstate Power & Light
- 4.00 mile(s) from Hunter's Specialities
- 3.0 mile(s) from Marion Mixers
- .10 mile(s) from Hobby Lobby
- 2.0 mile(s) from Galaxy 16 Theatre, Movie Theatre
- 5.00 mile(s) from Coe College
- 6.00 mile(s) from Mount Mercy College
- 10.00 mile(s) from Kirkwood Community College
- 18.00 mile(s) from Cornell College
- 27.00 mile(s) from University of Iowa
- 50.00 mile(s) from University of Northern Iowa
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.03 mile(s) from Planet X Extreme Entertai, indoor with laser tag, bumper cars, batting cages, rock climbing and more
- 0.10 mile(s) from Collins Road Theaters, second run movies
- 0.21 mile(s) from Thomas Park and Indian Ce, two mile trail
- 0.30 mile(s) from PlayStation with indoor p, children's play area
- 2.00 mile(s) from Galaxy Theaters, 16 plex theater with game room
- 1.00 mile(s) from Cedar Rapids bowling, bowling alley and sand volleyball
- 5.50 mile(s) from Veterans Memorial Stadium, baseball and hockey teams (home of the Cedar Rapids Kernels)
- 8.00 mile(s) from Hawkeye Downs Speedway
- 2.0 mile(s) from Sky Zone, Trampoline Park
- 40.00 mile(s) from Riverside Casino
- 55.00 mile(s) from Meskwaki Casino
- 23.0 mile(s) from National Motorcycle Museu, Anamosa Iowa
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Cedar Rapids, Iowa hotel.
- Fine dining on premises
- Longbranch Restaurant, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, we serve daily buffets, sandwiches, homemade pizza, USDA choice steaks, prime rib of beef, award winning barbeque pork ribs and seafood entrees. Most meals include a trip to our deluxe salad bar and fresh baked bread. Our lounge has nightly specials. A special brunch buffet is served each Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Hours of operations are Monday-Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday-Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Goldzone Lounge, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, dinner
- Across the street from Osaka Japanese, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Carlos O'Kellys, bar/lounge, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.05 mile(s) from Red Lobster, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.75 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.75 mile(s) from Biaggis, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from La Camillia, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Cedar Rapids. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Steve Miller Band
Take the money and run to US Cellular Center at 7:30 p.m. for the Steve Miller Band. You'll jungle love it.
DubuqueFest Fine Arts Festival
See three full days of music and fun at downtown Dubuque's music festival.
Vintage Rally 2015
Race for the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa for the 2015 Vintage Rally. Check out bike shows, swap meet, celebrities, and a live pin striping experience from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Iowa City Jazz Festival
Downtown Iowa City near Coralville throws a weekend full of some of the best jazz music around.
The First Lady of Country Music Loretta Lynn plays the Paramount Theatre this fall in Cedar Rapids. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean