BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
90 Twixt Town Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402-3205
Phone: 319/377-6386 | Fax: 319/377-6386 | 106 Rooms | Online Reservations
Enjoy the benefits of an ideal location just a short drive from the Cedar Rapids Airport at this fantastic Cedar Rapids hotel. All of the biggest draws of the city are right past your doorstep.
Nestled next to several shopping malls, movie theaters and restaurants, it will be difficult to choose where to begin your adventure. The Freedom Festival is held downtown each summer from mid-June to July 4th. Museums like the Czech and Slovak Museum and Library and African American Museum of Iowa are popular picks. The Brucemore Mansion, a National Historic Trust, offers tours and events throughout the year.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel and Convention Center combines great price with superior location. There are many Cedar Rapids hotels, but none provide guests with these kinds of perks. Customer service and cleanliness are paramount. Take advantage of the 8,000 square feet fitness club and restaurant/lounge. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet served daily.
Cedar Rapids semi-pro teams provide great entertainment. Check out a Kernals baseball game, Rough Riders hockey, or Titans football game. Hotels in Cedar Rapids might try to compete with us, but we set the bar high.
Many guests are employees of Rockwell Collins, Alliant Energy, Aegon/TransAmerica and US Cellular. Do your business thing and then get back to the fun. There's free Wi-Fi and hard wired Internet in all rooms for those vital emails. The atrium and game room provide extra seating and gathering space. Thirteen banquet rooms are at your disposal with the largest one holding 400 people.
The indoor pool, dry sauna, and Whirlpool are ideal for relaxing. Kick back in your room with HDTV and digital cable. Don't worry about running late to your next meeting. You're close to Mount Mercy University and Coe College, and just a short drive to the Amana Colonies, University of Iowa and several casinos.
Reserve your room at BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel and Convention Center today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary buffet breakfast, Choice of breads, Danish, Cereal, Fresh cut fruit, Yogurt, Hot eggs, Hot breakfast meat, Other hot items, Milk, Juice, Coffee
- Complimentary breakfast
- Restaurant on-site
- Cocktail lounge, two
- Indoor pool, heated pool closed Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for aqua aerobics. You may join the class.
- Hot tub, whirlpool
- Steam room, dry sauna
- Exercise facility, open from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. 8,000 square feet
- Free parking, self parking
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Truck/RV parking, self parking
- Safe deposit box
- Porterage/bell services, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Ice/vending machines
- Airport shuttle available for nominal fee each way, 12:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Conference services
- Audio/visual equipment
- Business center 24-hours
- Computer available
- Notary public
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out, up to 5:00 p.m. for a nominal fee.
- Tanning beds, three beds, two lay down and one stand up available in The Gold Pointe Fitness Club for a nominal fee.
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Weight lifting equipment The Gold Point Fitness Club offers a free weight room and hammer strength.
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Universal gym, elliptical room, free weight room, aerobics room and hammer strength area. Free access for hotel guests.
- Photocopy machine
- Exhibit services
- Aerobics instructor
- Equipment rental, nominal fee
- Coffee shop, open 6:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Stair stepper, exercise machines are available in The Gold Point Fitness Club.
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Sports trainer
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stationary bike, recumbent and spinning bikes available.
- Treadmill, several state of the art treadmills located in the Gold Pointe Fitness Club.
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access, high-speed Internet
- Locker room, mens and womens locker rooms located in The Gold Pointe Fitness Club. Lockers ( locks not provided )and showers.
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat, washer/dryer, available
- Game room, area with darts, pool table, foosball, darts and video games located in the garden area
- Cable or satellite television HD digital Cable
- Mail services, stamps and outgoing mail available at front desk.
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged services, shower bench and stool riser available upon request
- Hearing impaired services, TDD available upon request
- Physically challenged facilities, wheelchair available upon request
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Gift shop or newsstand, complimentary USA Today Monday - Friday.
- Large garden atrium with extra seating.
- Nightly restaurant and lounge specials.
- Complimentary apples and coffee in our lobby
- Bus parking
- Barbeque grill and picnic area
- Telephone jack adapters
BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 3 package deals available at the best western plus longbranch hotel & convention center in Cedar Rapids.
Girls Shopping Get-Away Package 1 Night
No laundry! No kids! No deadlines! A girls shopping get-a-way is what you need. Start your get-a-way with a welcome basket that includes a bottle of wine, snacks, information and directions to Lindale Mall and all the great shops in the area. After your day of shopping unwind at The Longbranch Restaurant and Kitty's Lounge. Your package includes a gift card and one drink ticket per person. If you reserve your package on a Friday you will enjoy live jazz in the lounge, Saturday features a DJ. Visit the garden atrium or relax in the indoor pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. A complimentary hot breakfast is included. A stress free weekend is just a click away. Shop, sleep, repeat!
BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Conveniently located, the best western plus longbranch hotel & convention center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.028565 / Latitude: -91.619935
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north or south. Travel on Interstate 380 to Exit 24A (Collins Road-Highway 100). Go east 2½ miles and turn left on Twixt Town Road (the first left after K-Mart light), then make a quick right and travel two blocks to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center.
From: The east or west. Follow highway to Interstate 380 to Exit 24A (Collins Road-Highway 100). Go east 2½ miles and turn left on Twixt Town Road (the first left after K-Mart light), then make a quick right and travel two blocks to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
History buffs should schedule a trip to Cedar Rapids during their Iowa travels. Make the Brucemore Mansion the first stop along the way. This incredible historic Queen Anne-style home was built between 1884 and 1886 by Caroline Sinclair, on twenty-six acres of land. Three families lived in the mansion until 1981, when it was given to the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The mansion, sometimes referred as the T.M. Sinclair Mansion, remains the only National Trust Historic Site in the state.
The mansion grounds include a pond, formal gardens, an orchard, a children's garden, woodland and a night garden. This three-story home features twenty-one rooms, five chimneys, turrets and a steep gabled roof. Enjoy a guided tour of this incredible mansion and stop by the Brucemore Visitor Center to learn more about its history. "The Families of Brucemore" exhibit features a model of the mansion, photographs and home movies. Stay close to this must-see Iowa attraction, as a guest of Best Western hotels and enjoy your time in the Hawkeye State.
Minor League Baseball fans know where to go for a fun night at the ballpark. The Cedar Rapids Veterans Memorial Stadium in is the place to catch the Cedar Rapids Kernels Minor League Baseball Team in action. Summer-time fun abounds at the stadium. Throughout the season, cheer on the team and enjoy a variety of concerts and entertainment acts during the games.
Ready for a little Fourth of July excitement? Grab your tickets, cheer on the team, then stick around for the post-game fireworks show. They're scheduled several times during the summer. Groups looking for a unique venue for a get-together can watch the game from the Miller Mezzanine or the Arctic Insulation Party Plaza for a great time. While in Iowa, choose one of the several Best Western hotels for an enjoyable night's rest and excellent guest services.
Visit the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art in downtown Cedar Rapids, to stroll through the expansive collection of art. The museum has over 2,000 years of on display in its 7,200 works of art. The displays of exhibitions change throughout the year, so plan more than one visit to this wonderful Iowa museum.
The museum houses the largest collection Grant Wood art, a large collection of 15th century prints, and Roman portrait busts. Tour the museum to view the Contemporary Art, Works on Paper and art by James Swann, Bertha Jaques and Mauricio Lasansky. After an enjoyable day of art, check into a comfortable Best Western guest room, to unwind and relax.
Hockey action at its best. The Cedar Rapids RoughRiders US Hockey League Team is serious about their sport. When it comes to hockey, this Cedar Rapids Tier 1 junior league team believes in respect, desire, passion, sportsmanship, commitment and integrity. The team has been quite successful since arriving in Cedar Rapids in 1999. They won the Anderson Cup and the Clark Cup titles in 2004-2005 and won the Anderson Cup title again in 2010 - 2011.
For a fun night out, take the family to "The Stable" hockey arena, in the Veterans Memorial Park to catch the action. Celebrate a special occasion by renting out the Bud Light Fan Cave, to watch the game behind the glass. The Luxury VIP Suites, Super Suites and VIP Club Seats are also great areas for private parties to get together and watch a game. Make the most of your Iowa visit, by staying in a comfortable Best Western guest room.
Ready for a night of football fun? The Cedar Rapids Titans Indoor Football League team is the answer. This professional Cedar Rapids team will play next season's games in the recently renovated US Cellular Center. Get to the game early with your pen and paper to meet the players and score some autographs.
Groups of ten to a thousand people that are ready for a fun night out, can take advantage of the Group Ticket Packages for a game. The package includes discounted tickets, an announcement during the game and a special visit from the team's players. For a special night out, consider watching the game from the Luxury Boxes. After a fun-filled night in Iowa, check into a local Best Western hotel for a wonderful night's rest.
The Grant Wood Art Gallery pays tribute to the life and art work of American painter, Grant Wood. His most-famous painting titled, American Gothic, depicts a rural farmer with his pitchfork and woman standing in front of a Gothic Revial style cottage. American Gothic has been displayed at the Art Institute of Chicago since 1930. The Gallery is located in Anamosa, Grant Wood's birthplace, in eastern Iowa.
Visit Anamosa, located northeast of Cedar Rapids, to stroll through the Gallery and learn about Wood's life. Be sure to view the large collection of American Gothic parodies on display and other examples of his work. Enjoy your time in the Cedar Rapids area and rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Lake Macbride State Park is located south of Cedar Rapids in eastern Iowa. This 2,180-acre park, named after former University of Iowa president Thomas Macbride, was established in 1937. His conservation work earned him the nickname, "father of conservation". Lake Macbride State Park visitors love spending time in this beautiful outdoor sanctuary.
The 812-acre Lake Macbride is home to walleyes, crappies, bluegill, catfish and muskies - perfect for fishing. Slip your toes into the sand at the swimming beach and enjoy watching the kids splash in the lake. Boaters have a choice of seven boat ramps, for use in a fun day on the water. Enjoy your Iowa travels as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Visitors to Cedar Rapids will find a wonderful variety of cultural attractions. The National Czech & Slovak Museum and Library is one not-to-miss. The roots of this Cedar Rapids museum date back to 1974, with the founding of the Czech Fine Arts Foundation by a group of Czech immigrants. They continued to collect artifacts and eventually outgrew the three-room house. In 1981, the current museum location became the new museum home. Included in its collection of artifacts, is a 19th-century immigrant house.
By 1992, the museum collections outgrew its location, so plans were drawn up to construct a new building. Former United States President Bill Clinton, along with President Vaclav Havel, Czech Republic and President Michal Kovac, Slovak Republic, dedicated the new building in 1995. After a devastating flood in 2008 caused more than $11 million in damage, the museum is being renovated once again. The grand opening is slated for July 14, 2012. While traveling in Iowa, be sure to schedule a visit to the planned action packed ceremony. Stay close to the museum and many other fine city attractions, as a guest of Best Western hotels and enjoy excellent accommodations.
The National Motorcycle Museum houses a wonderful collection of more than 300 motorcycles in its Anamosa location. Visit this eastern Iowa museum to view the ten display areas filled with a variety of motorcycles, including competition motorcycles, photographs, trophies and memorabilia. Take your time viewing the collections throughout the museum, including the 400 rare toys, rare art and the Captain America chopper.
Stroll through the museum to learn about the American motorcycle culture and don't forget to view the Daimler Einspur, the World's First Motorcycle. Be sure to browse the wonderful selection of gift items in the Museum Gift Store before leaving. After touring the museum, enjoy comfortable accommodations and guest services as a guest of one of the Cedar Rapids Best Western hotels, to make your vist complete.
Pleasant Creek State Park, located northwest of Cedar Rapids, was established in the 1960s for recreational use. This 1,500-acre park is home to beautiful 410-acre Pleasant Creek Lake. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy a variety of outdoor activities to choose from, while spending time in the park.
Boaters love launching into Pleasant Creek lake for a fun time on the water. The lake is considered one of Iowa's highest quality fishing lakes and home to largemouth bass, catfish, crappie, muskellunge and bluegill. Hikers, bikers, cross-country skiers and snowmobilers enjoy trekking through the park's ten miles of trails. Settle into a comfortable Best Western guest room, to enjoy excellent guest services and accommodations.
Established in 1947, the Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) is located in northeastern Iowa in the Cedar Rapids metropolitan area. Serving the city of Cedar Rapids as well as cities like Coralville and Williamsburg, CID is a commercial airport supported by major airlines like Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, and United.
CID offers non-stop flights to 11 destinations – including Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta – and features two runways and one terminal.
The Ushers Ferry Historic Village is home to 20 historic buildings on ten acres of land in Seminole Valley Park. This beautiful village, located in Cedar Rapids, depicts life in rural Iowa between 1890 and 1910. The village's interactive experiences offer great learning opportunities for school groups, on one of the six available tours.
Schedule your visit during one of the special events held throughout the year or enjoy strolling the grounds, while listening to an audio tour. The village grounds are an excellent location for weddings, picnics, parties and bonfires. Enjoy your time in Cedar Rapids, as a guest of Best Western hotels.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Science Station, interactive learning displays for kids.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Brucemore Mansion, a national historic site
- 1.00 mile(s) from Marion Antiques, Antique and specialty shops
- 2.00 mile(s) from Granger House, historic house
- 3.00 mile(s) from Ushers Ferry Historic Vil, historic village in Seminole Valley Park
- 3.00 mile(s) from History Center
- 4.00 mile(s) from Cedar Rapids Museum of Art
- 5.00 mile(s) from African American Museum, African American historical museum & cultural center
- 5.50 mile(s) from Sac and Fox Trail, Wooded Nature and Prairie Trail for Walking and biking trail seven miles long
- 6.50 mile(s) from Indian Creek Nature Cente, Explore wonders of Iowa nature, children and adult activities
- 8.00 mile(s) from Czech & Slovak Museum, National Czech and Slovak Museum and library
- 10.00 mile(s) from NewBo, Restaurants and specialty shops
- 10.00 mile(s) from Czech Village, Restaurant and shopping area
- 12.00 mile(s) from Hawkeye Downs, Auto racing and event center
- 20.00 mile(s) from Motorcycle Museum, national motorcycle museum-three floors of antique motorcycles and memorabilia
- 35.00 mile(s) from The Amana Colonies, shopping and restaurants.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Lindale Mall Shopping Center, area largest indoor shopping mall
- 0.50 mile(s) from Marion Antique Mall, multiple antique stores
- 1.00 mile(s) from Cottage Rose Quilt Shop, quilting needs and antiques
- 4.00 mile(s) from Brambles, unique gifts and home decor
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Marion
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hiawatha
- 11.00 mile(s) from Palo
- 18.00 mile(s) from Mt. Vernon
- 25.00 mile(s) from Iowa City
- 27.00 mile(s) from Anamosa
- 32.00 mile(s) from Vinton
- 33.00 mile(s) from Monticello
- 34.00 mile(s) from Iowa City
- 35.00 mile(s) from Amana Colonies
- 56.00 mile(s) from Waterloo
- 68.00 mile(s) from Dubuque
- 79.00 mile(s) from Marshalltown
- 88.00 mile(s) from Davenport
- 132 mile(s) from Des Moines
- 148 mile(s) from Ames
- 253 mile(s) from Minneapolis, Mn
- 255 mile(s) from Chicago, Il
- 267 mile(s) from Omaha, Ne
- 326 mile(s) from Kansas, Mo
- 352 mile(s) from St. Louis, Mo
- 0.10 mile(s) from US Cellular
- 0.25 mile(s) from Home Depot
- 0.25 mile(s) from Berthel Fisher & Co.
- 0.75 mile(s) from Rockwell Collins
- 0.75 mile(s) from Menards
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hy-Vee Food Stores
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lowes
- 2.00 mile(s) from Target
- 2.00 mile(s) from Pool Tech, Pools and products
- 3.00 mile(s) from Nash Finch Company
- 3.00 mile(s) from American Family Insurance
- 3.00 mile(s) from Aegon USA, Inc.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Vector Corp.
- 4.00 mile(s) from IBEW, Local 204
- 4.00 mile(s) from Alliant Energy, Interstate Power & Light
- 4.00 mile(s) from Hunter's Specialities
- 4.00 mile(s) from Quaker
- 10.00 mile(s) from General Mills
- 5.00 mile(s) from Coe College
- 6.00 mile(s) from Mount Mercy College
- 10.00 mile(s) from Kirkwood Community College
- 18.00 mile(s) from Cornell College
- 27.00 mile(s) from University of Iowa
- 50.00 mile(s) from University of Northern Iowa
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.03 mile(s) from Planet X Extreme Entertainment, indoor with laser tag, bumper cars, batting cages, rock climbing and more
- 0.10 mile(s) from Collins Road Theaters, second run movies
- 0.21 mile(s) from Thomas Park and Indian Center, two mile trail
- 0.30 mile(s) from PlayStation with indoor play area, children's play area
- 2.00 mile(s) from Galaxy Theaters, 16 plex theater with game room
- 5.00 mile(s) from Cedar Rapids bowling, bowling alley and sand volleyball
- 5.50 mile(s) from Veterans Memorial Stadium, baseball and hockey teams (home of the Cedar Rapids Kernels)
- 8.00 mile(s) from Hawkeye Downs Speedway
- 9.00 mile(s) from Wynnsong 12
- 40.00 mile(s) from Riverside Casino
- 55.00 mile(s) from Meskwaki Casino
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Cedar Rapids, Iowa hotel.
- Fine dining on premises
- Longbranch Restaurant, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, we serve daily buffets, sandwiches, homemade pizza, USDA choice steaks, prime rib of beef, award winning barbeque pork ribs and seafood entrees. Most meals include a trip to our deluxe salad bar and fresh baked bread. Our lounge has nightly specials. A special brunch buffet is served each Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Hours of operations are Monday-Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday-Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Goldzone Lounge, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, dinner
- Across the street from Osaka Japanese, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Carlos O'Kellys, bar/lounge, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.05 mile(s) from Red Lobster, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.75 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.75 mile(s) from Biaggis, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from La Camillia, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Cedar Rapids. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Narrated Lunch Cruise Take in the sights of the Quad Cities areas on this cruise departing from Moline as you enjoy a hot lunch. Departure times vary.
Disney Live- Mickey's Music Festival Disney characters take the stage at the US Cellular Center. The singing starts at 1 p.m. and again at 4 p.m.
Kip Moore The Up In Smoke tour comes to the Cedar Rapids Paramount Theater with Kip Moore, Charlie Worsham, and Sam Hunt. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Night at the Museum: Outback Adventure
The UI Museum of Natural History in Iowa City hosts this fun evening of education and exploration after dark. The fun begins at 6 p.m.
The Science & Stories of Sasquatch Join Mike Havlik at the Cedar Rapids Public Library in the Whipple Auditorium for an evening all about Sasquatch. The discussion begins at 6 p.m.
Mannheim Steamroller: Christmas
Five Flags Arena in Dubuque fills with the iconic sounds of Mannheim Steamroller as the group celebrates the 30th anniversary of their Christmas tour.
New London Holiday Stroll
Stop by Main Street, New London for a family friendly holiday event filled with great food, entertainment, and festivities for all to enjoy. The fun starts at 5 p.m.
Lucky Me Stop by the Riverside Theatre in Iowa City and join Sara Fine for an evening of laughs and romance. Show times vary.
Downtown Business Expo
Stop by the Hotel Julien Dubuque for this great networking event and trade show. The doors open at 5 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean